Preschool Sunday School Lessons: Life of Jesus

This is a blog for my lesson planning for the Winter-Spring 2010 term of the Preschool Sunday School Class. What a joy it is to teach the kids about the life of Jesus. Previous older posts were from my bible study journalling.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Fathers Day Activities

Children obey your parents in the Lord...
Lesson on the Bible Verse Ephesians 6:1

CRAFT
Coffee Clay, hand print to take home. This idea was taken from an idea for making Dinosaur fossil imprints but it dries very nicely as a keepsake ornament.


"Dinosaur Coffee Clay" dough mix
1/2 cup of salt
1 cup flour
1/2 cup of brewed coffee cold
1 cup of used coffee grounds
measuring cups
mixing bowl
mixing spoons

Fossils to imprint
twigs, leaves, dead, hard-shelled bugs, seashells, chicken bones, plastic dinosaur models for skin textures or footprints.

Method
1. Measure salt, flour, coffee, and grounds; add each to bowl and stir together until well mixed.
2. Turn this dough out onto a large sheet of waxed paper and knead it until smooth.
3. Break off a piece large enough for the imprint you want to make,...

Fathers Day Poem
Sunday School Fun Zone.com

Slow down a little, dad, cuz I'm not fast. Point to yourself.
I want to be with you, cuz you're a blast!Point to dad.
I want to keep up, and follow in your steps!Walk in place.
You're a super dad, and I'm so blessed!Point up, then to yourself.
Slow down a little, Dad. My legs aren't long.Point to legs.
I want to be like you: So wise and strong!Make a muscle with arm.
I want to keep up, and copy you! Point to dad.
I want to be loving in all I do. Cross arms over chest.
I thank the Lord I have such a great dad! Place hands together in prayer.
Knowing you're my dad, makes me glad!Touch corners of smile.
You teach me, protect me, watch me too.Place hand above brow as if looking out.
I hope I grow up to be just like you! Point to your dad.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home