Preschool Sunday School Lessons: Life of Jesus

This is a blog for my lesson planning for the Winter-Spring 2010 term of the Preschool Sunday School Class. What a joy it is to teach the kids about the life of Jesus. Previous older posts were from my bible study journalling.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Jesus Washes the Disciples Feet

This is a lesson taken from the Baby Beginnings series for the May Lesson.

Colouring page at the start: Following Jesus, maze pg 36 Matt 4:19

Picture - descriptive, ask lots of questions.
Story: John 13:2-5
The disciples walked with Jesus for miles and their feet were so dirty. Jesus wrapped a towel around his waist, filled a bowl with water water and washed everyone's feet, and dried them with a towel.  Jesus loved to help his friends, people at church love to help you too.

Who are some people at church who help us?
List - Sunday School Teachers, Cynthia, etc

Song: tune of London Bridge
People at church help me today,
 when I eat, when I play.
People help me every day.
Thank you, God.


Craft:
Trace the children's feet, choose left or right, shoes and socked removed; at the center of a piece of paper.
Say "Elisabeth, I'm so glad you came today. I'm glad to help you."
Draw a circle around  the foot, like a bowl.
Colour the "water" blue
Glue the bible verse John 13:5 -  5 After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home